The old lady said that "...if we are not dependent, then how can we be related or have lineage?  I need lineage and to be related.  How can I be related if I am not dependent on the foreigner; the English?  We must be dependent on those foreigners for ancestry.  I know I look sort of Chinese with a Jamaican accent but I do  not understand how understanding the culture and the system of the foreigners will keep me related except maybe if it was a Kung Fu.  Then, I could say I would honor my teacher if I show him I understand it and administer the school or his garden well.  But, we don't go to school in "Many wood and one water" since wealthy people or any people with enough social status would never pay to go.  They also say that for relations I have Christobal(Spanish), the French and the South American Indian( the Arawak) who existed in semi independent conditions but under Spanish hegemony for about 150 years before any English influence.  So, I should understand something since it is my Island and should not hurt anyone who I chastised from when they were a little boy so that I would feel honor and that he would study to show himself approved.   Ya na undastand? "            

Comments